Revlon Lip Butters - Strawberry Shortcake & Lollipop

Strawberry Shortcake, Lollipop
Strawberry Shortcake
Lollipop

Hey Guys! Your probably thinking "Oh no, not another Lip Butter post" and yes I realise they have been very 'hyped' in blogger land, but I wanted to give you my two pennies worth anyway. I must admit I was sucked in to the hype and I couldn't resist picking up a couple from Boots whilst the 3 for 2 offer is on. If you read my haul post you will know I got two of these along with a Real Techniques powder brush on the 2 for 3 offer meaning I got one of the Lip Butters for free. Yey!
I decided on the shades 'Strawberry Shortcake' and 'Lollipop' after seeing various blog posts and swatches. I love both of the colours as I think they are both very wearable. I went for Strawberry Shortcake as its a natural nude pink and then Lollipop as it is a vibrant blue toned pink. I wanted to try a neutral and a vibrant shade so I could test the pigmentation and so on. The first thing I will talk about is the formula. I'd class these as a mix between a lipstick, lip balm and a lipgloss. They have the pigmentation of a lipstick, the moisture of a lip balm and the shine of a lipgloss. This is what I love about this product as they have everything you could want from a lip product all rolled into one. I also find the formula perfect for everyday wear as even vibrant shades like Lollipop don't look too bold due to  the balm like finish. I have worn this shade on a night out too though and it was perfect. It really reminds me of Impassioned from MAC which is one of my favourite lipsticks. Also I would add that the Lip Butters are really long lasting, which is surprising for a lip balm.
I also have to mention the packaging because it is so pretty and cute. I love the fact each colour comes with a lid to match as it makes finding the colour your looking for much easier.
The only bad thing I would say about them is that they will run out fairly quickly because of their creamy formula. They cost £7.99 each and can currently be purchased from Boots on the 3 for 2 offer. I'd say this is the perfect excuse to treat yourselves. Overall, I love them and I will certainly be buying some more. 

I hope your all having a lovely Easter Sunday! I'm going to see Titanic 3D tonight, excited!!

Lots of Love,












No comments:

Post a Comment